Download the conference programme here.
We welcome talks on the following broad topics:
Illegal trade in flora and fauna in the arid zone
- Community engagement in mitigating impact of illegal trade on species
- Exploring trends in the illegal market
- Responses to the illegal succulent trade
The role of agriculture and conservation in building a sustainable future for the arid zone
- Innovative agricultural solutions to combat climate change
- Building resilience through sustainable agriculture
- Impact of drought on farming and conservation practices
Your research to improve our knowledge of species, biological systems and processes in the arid zone
Dr Peter Carrick
Prof. Rhoda Malgas
- Species and population recovery dynamics
- Innovations in ecosystem restoration
- Freshwater ecology and conservation
- Advances in monitoring of landscape systems and processes
- Behavioural responses to climate- and land-use change
- Influence of policy, history and culture on ecological processes
- Protected areas management and biodiversity stewardship
Date: Monday 10 October 2022
Cost: R250 per person
- Building a toolkit for alien invasive management
- Understanding your role in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
Please complete the online registration form before the relevant deadline.
Please ensure that your registration fee has been paid and that you have sent your proof of payment to Gill Murray (firstname.lastname@example.org).
See below for details on student sponsorship.
Early-bird (general): R4000.00
Early-bird (student): R3200.00
Sponsorship opportunities are available for postgraduate students (Hons - PhD) through the generous support of SAEON and other funders. Please indicate your interest in sponsorship on the registration form. Successful applicants will be notified individually.